Pages

Monday 11 November 2013

My Autumn Must Have Nail Polishes

We're officially well into autumn and FINALLY on the count down to christmas (44 days to go) so it's finally time to start layering up in wooly jumpers and cosy socks, tuck into roast dinners on sundays and watch christmas films... eee! 
But it being November also means its officially time to start changing my nail polishes from pastel bright colours to more warm and autumny colours. Usually I'm reluctant to do this as I'm far fonder of summer colours but this year I've picked up some really lovely autumnal colours ready to paint my nails with for the chilly season. 
The products I mention I'll try and add links/prices to but one or two of them were bought last year so may not still be available, however I'm sure there are similar dupes around in drugstores! I've picked 6 of my favourite polishes in my collection that I'll be wearing throughout autumn this year.
Tophop Nails: Bad Habit 202
This colour applies so well, it's really pigmented it only requires 2 coats and lasts well without chipping. This nail varnish retails for around £4 in Topshop stores that stock their make-up range.
Revlon: Vixen 570
This was given to me as a gift last christmas and has seen some use since, the bottles writing has rubbed off but it's a beautiful colour and again has a lovely application and requires very few coats. This retails for: £6.50 in Boots
Essie: Sexy Divide 47
One of my new loves is Essie nail polishes, after being a loyal Barry M buyer, I started branching out recently and have truly fallen for Essie. I can't fault their products and this is one of my absolute favourite colours. Essie products cost £7.99 in Boots and are definitely worth every penny.
Sally Hansen: Red Zin 610
Sally Hansen nail varnishes are another new find of mine. This was the second one I bought (the one below being the first) and to begin with I though the brushes were going to be too big for my nails however I LOVE them! It applies so well, its durable and doesn't need a top coat to last for ages. I bought mine from Boots and these polishes cost £6.99.
Sally Hansen: So Much Fawn 260
The product above pretty much sums up my love for Sally Hansen, I think this is a perfect colour for the early autumn as its not too dark and still could be worn throughout the summery days that we still have left. This again, I bought from Boots and was also £6.99.
Barry M: Indigo 146
This is the only blue in my autumn nail polish collection, but its a darker colour and after several layers it is a very midnight blue kind of colour. I've always loved Barry M's nail polishes and this product is no exception. The only thing I find with Barry M is that it tends to chip quicker than more expensive nail polishes but in this case its very reasonable considering the price. It costs £2.99 and I purchased this one from Superdrug.
Left to right-
Sally Hansen-Red Zin, Essie- Sexy Divide, Topshop Nails- Bad Habit, Sally Hansen- So Much Fawn, Barry M- Indigo, Revlon-Vixen
So that concludes my staple nail polishes for the autumn. Deep reds and pinky-purples are my favourite in the lead up to the festive period. What are your favourite nail paints for this time of year?

x






No comments:

Post a Comment